The International Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS) resolved at its World Congress in 2007 to establish a programme of work to develop a series of Practice Standards relevant to Reproductive Health and appropriate to its global constituency. The purpose of this programme is to support one of the key missions of the IFFS, namely to raise standards of medical care in reproductive health. The Practice Committee is chaired by the IFFS Secretary General.
Global standards of infertility care
- Standard 1: Pre-pregnancy advice and assessment Recommendation for Practice.
- Standard 2: Access to infertility care Recommendations for Practice.
- Standard 3: Definition of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss.
- Standard 4: Prevention of infertility and promotion of reproductive health.
- Standard 5: Safety Monitoring for Assisted Reproduction Technology (IVF,ICSI) Recommendations for Practice
- Standard 6: TBA
- Standard 7: Assessment of Tubal Patency
- Standard 8: Reducing the incidence of multiple pregnancy following treatment for infertility
- Standard 9: Tubal Surgery
- Standard 10:Management of leiomyoma (fibroids) in a patient presenting with infertility
- Standard 11: Fertility Preservation
- Standard 13: Cross International Border Treatment Consistency in Standards
- Standard 14: Infertility Management in the Older Couple
- Standard 15: Blastocyst Culture and Transfer
- Standard 16: Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Standard 17: Investigation and Management of Non-Obstructive Azoospermia
- Standard 18: Recurring Pregnancy Loss
IFFS Position Statements
- Statement No 1: Cross Border Treatment.
- Statement No 2: Access to Infertility Care
- Statement No 3: Zika Virus Information for Member Societies & Practitioners